Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Christmas Obession

Ever watch the challenges on the Food Network? I am fascinated by that show, so much that I am online doing Gingerbread House research so that I can build a kick ass gingerbread house! For those who don't watch the show they have people compete to build stuff out of edible ingredients. Sometimes the contestants are professional, mainly pastry chefs, but many times the contestants are regular people who like to build with food. For example one challenge was the wedding cake challenge, they object was to make a wedding cake that is representative of a wedding dress. Some cake were ok, nice looking but not creative. Others were amazing, how out of the box that people think. Anyway I am fixated on the Gingerbread challenge. The one I watch was so cool! I have a cousin who makes Gingerbread houses every year and I always wanted to do one with my parents but that never happened. April had to do one for school and didn't like it. I am not dissuade, I am convinced that I can. So if the next time you see me and there is a goop of white junk in my head, and maybe a gingerbread house or a few candies stuck on myself just look the other way.

2 comments:

Shutterbug said...

Do you work outside of home, Nat? How do you have time for this stuff? This morning I considered all the ways I could save money by becoming at SAHM (okay, a plain ol' Housewife for now). I couldn't come up with nearly enough to cancel out one month, much less my annual salary....so I started my daily commute to work. *sigh*

VanillaBean said...

Right now I don't, but I am trying to get back to UNM so that they will pay for me to go back to school. I like staying at home in a way, I love taking Ava to school and being home with her when I pick her up and I love my time with Kennedy. That being said it is hard not working. Having that contact with people, those who speak in sentences, and not about Disney or little girl stuff is nice. When I worked I wanted to stay at home, and now vice versa. lol The problem is that I want to be a teacher, I want to tech History but I have to go back and get the license. To do that I have to be on the campus to take the classes or pay for a sitter. For us to pay for a sitter we need to have me work. Plus I miss helping kids get their fin aid. Any job that takes me away from my kids I need to feel is worth it. So that is what my deal is. Now couldn't you do private accounting out of your home? You and Sarah should talk she also wants to work from home, I think.
As for my Gingerbread house, I am still doing my research on it, but I hope to do a practice one this weekend.

Lanette,
Thanks for checking out my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!