Monday, November 10, 2008

More and more

Craigslist
Submitted by Natalie on Fri, 2007-01-19 00:28.
I love Craigslist! I check it out almost everyday to see what interesting junk people are trying to get rid of. But my most favorite thing to do on Craigslist is to look at the different cities in different countries and look at the apartment listings. It is really neat to see what an apartment looks like in Paris compared to Nebraska. The ones that blow your mind are from China, the pictures are mostly of the building and not the actual apartment. Check it out sometime and see what I mean, it is a fun game to do when you are bored or are waiting to download something. I have to tell you about the funniest posting I saw today. Under the furniture section today was listed (I am serious) a sex swing.lol I couldn't believe it. First it was obvious that the moderator didn't catch the posting because they have a separate section for it under erotic stuff which I assume would be the place you would list that type of thing. Second to putting it under furniture? I mean at the very least you would put it under general I would think? A swing isn't furniture, I don't know anyone who has a swing in their house that they sit on? Ok, so I clicked on the listing to see if it was a joke and (this is the funniest part), they made sure to list it as Clean and Disinfected. Now I am thinking, if you are so cheap that you have to buy a second hand sex swing then most likely you aren't going to be so worried about the clean and disinfected part. Not that the swing was cheap, I believe it was listed at $100.00 which seems to me to be an expensive toy (I mean piece of used furniture). There wasn't a posted picture of it, which is too bad because most people would like to see the items before they buy them, I know that I wouldn't pay $100.00 for something I didn't see first, even if it was disinfected. I did get back on the site later, (did I mention I am searching for the perfect reading chair, one that is also clean and disinfected?), but the posting was gone or perhaps it was already sold to your neighbor or friendly librarian. Who knows.lol Rock on Craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
How the world has changed!
Submitted by Natalie on Thu, 2007-01-18 01:53.
I am watching Countdown and just saw the video of HS girls beating the crap out of another young girl and I am stunned. Why does this keep happening? Where the heck are these kids parents? I remember the "fight" between the one popular girl at GHS and another. I am so freaking old I cannot remember their names right now, but I remember one decided to wear a braid so she couldn't get her hair pulled. The reason I remember the fight is because they were meeting at FM City which was a cool name for a dumphole. Anyway that is the one fight that comes to mind when I look back nostalgically on yesteryear. There had to be more but not with the cool kids I hung with.:) I can only hope that the punishment for these girls is severe, and think that their parents also need some help getting their kids in line.

One a lighter note it is also reported that Brittney Spears is not pregnant again and all I can say is "Thank Goodness." Now I can sleep at night.

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
Taking the time.
Submitted by Natalie on Wed, 2007-01-17 22:16.
I am having a little eye opening moment right now and thought it might clear my mind to write it down. My kid is 19 months today and I am blown away with it. This little baby has such a big personality. Never have I met a kid who is such a comedian. Her eye rolling is hilarious and her timing right on. I feel like everyday I rush rush rush to do this or that and am missing out on my time with her. And I can't even begin to describe Ava and how she has grown. Only weeks ago she had to stand on the bathroom scale to see into the mirror and suddenly I realized she doesn't need it anymore. Also she formed a band, (with her imaginary friends) and wrote a song titled "Your not the boss of me." Total clue as to how she thinks.lol Where does the time go? So now I am going to end this session because the kid woke up and I am going to take my time to play with her before I pick up Ava.

And speaking of time going by, Misty turned 30 today!!!!!!!!!!!
Send her an e-mail to let her know she is really old.

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
Where does the time go?
Submitted by Natalie on Thu, 2007-01-11 18:20.
It seems like time is moving so quick! Kennedy is getting so big! Ava who can't wait to be a teenager have become a little lady without me looking. It amazes me that Christmas has come and gone and that Nov. has only been 2 months ago when it feels like forever ago. This staying at home gig has got my sense of time all tangled. Ava asked me the date and I wasn't sure what it was. lol Don't really know where my head is right now but with luck I will get it back soon. Sorry to all people I talked with yesterday and had to hang up on. Cooking and babies don't mix and Kennedy loves to be near the stove. She is my wild child. Hope to be back into the groove of things soon, but then maybe this is the groove and I am letting it get by? To much thinking, not enough coffee.

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
A little stir crazy!
Submitted by Natalie on Wed, 2007-01-03 22:42.
I'm all for snow, I love it and look forward to seeing it. It would have been nice to have a white Christmas but then again it was nice not to have to travel in it. But now the snow is getting to be a real pain. I almost couldn't get up the driveway this morning. Now I know you might be thinking "Why don't you shovel it", well that is kinda hard for Shane to do with a swiffer mop, seeing as how we don't have a snow shovel. When you live in an apartment you don't really think you need that kinda thing. I also don't have an axe, a hoe, a chainsaw or a lawnmower. So to get back the point the snow. I did get some good snow boots. They are gray and pink and keep my feet warm when I take the trash out. Too bad I can't wear them to bed, where my feet are the coldest and Shane gets mad about when they touch his leg. He is kinda a baby like that. Speaking of which they are cold now so I am ending this so I can put on my shoes and stomp around the house and wait for the sun to hurry and do it's job.

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
Let me tell you about my day!
Submitted by Natalie on Fri, 2006-12-29 03:55.
Let me tell you about my day! First I was dog tired, the girls and I had to pick Shane up from work at Midnight so I was exhausted when I finally woke up. The morning was normal enough, got several caffeine fixes and began my day. Did the morning cleaning, and scrubbing and got the house it tip top day, I thought "Wow, today is going well", I shouldn't knocked on wood. For lunch, (now this is an important tib bit of information), we had fish sticks and corn, for breakfast an egg and toast. Nothing out to the ordinary there. So the girls and I decide to take a nap, which we did and it was lovely,(another addiction I have, napping). My dad showed up for the day and after a game or two of Diego Dominoes it was on to Barnes and Noble. Ok here is where the great day goes to pot. So we are at Barnes and Noble and Dad gets his book and I make the mistake of suggesting Starbucks. I wanted to buy the coffee so I suggest he take the girls and sit at one of the tables. Well it was a foggy day, cold and dreary so everyone who's anyone was buying coffee there, and it took a long, long time for our Eggnog Lattes, (also important to note). Finally they are done and I take them to the table where my girls are with my dad and I can tell from his look that Kennedy, the naughtiest girl alive, gave him hell. I was right and so I suggest we leave. As we get up to leave Ava, the clumsiest girl alive spill my eggnog latte on the floor and that is when it began. So I am frantically looking for napkins or something to clean up the floor, I knew the people behind the counter couldn't do me any good, there was only two of them and they looked panicked at the line which was demanding their overpriced, oh so good coffee. So I get it cleaned up and Dad says he will go to the front to buy the book. I get Kennedy's jacket on, which was a task all onto it's own when I hear the noise no parent wants to hear, especially when they are in public, the gagging sound. Yep that right Kennedy hurled in Barnes and Nobles, right in front of everyone, and let's just say that if the sound didn't get them the smell did. It was so gross, and of course I didn't have anything to clean her up with, much less the floor. I found a few napkins on the table, did the best I could and got the heck out of there before people began to walk through the mess. Let me tell you it was more embarrassing than two nights ago when Kennedy did a job in her diaper at Target and I couldn't get her out of the store without some guy wondering what we feed the kid. (True story, True comment!) So back to the vomit, I finally got her to the car, which I was freaking out in cause I knew she wasn't done and was silently praying that we could make it home without her upchucking on the carpet of my parent's van. Of course she did again, luckily for dad only on herself and the car seat. Meanwhile I still stink like throw up and I began to realize how much eggnog smells like it as well. By the time we got home I wanted to hurl myself, but like any good mom would I dumped the kid in the bath and washed out her car seat. Now the moral of the story is don't let your kid eat whole kernels of corn if she is not gonna chew them and don't order an Eggnog latte cause it's gonna smell like puke!

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
How great life could be!
Submitted by Natalie on Wed, 2006-12-27 21:18.
How great life could be if all humanity treated each other like family. Let me give you an example, I love to sing. I don't sing well, I cannot carry a tune and I know it and accept it. I have been told that I started off life being able to sing somewhat, but as I grew older my talent quickly went down the toilet, (don't worry I still have my good looks and quick wit), but instead of being encourage to sing I was told to "Please stop that racket you're making the baby cry!" But now I am encourage to sing by my girls! Ava loves it, she actually request song from me! It is a truly awesome feeling to have her look up to me as a "good singer." Don't get me wrong part of me is wondering if she might be a tad deaf but still I love that to her I am amazing. So the next time you hear a bad singer belting a tune out in line or in Target than instead of cringing or making a rude comment instead wait until they are finished, clap and request an encore. You just might make their day, like Ava makes mine.

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
On to the New Year!
Submitted by Natalie on Tue, 2006-12-26 20:55.
What a Christmas! Last minute shopping is the pits and yet, when it is all said and done it is kind of a bragging right, "I got the last doll house bathroom", or "I found the perfect gift for Shane at the last minute on Christmas Eve." Then there is the last minute moment when your six year old hears the Elmo "Lets make a lot of noise" vacuum that you so carefully hid in the closet but when bumped by other toys in the trunk of the car announced "Hey I am a Santa present for your kid sister" and you (not wanting her Christmas to be ruined with the realization that her parents are liars) quickly call your mom to switch presents and she agrees, and for the moment it looks like you are going to pull off another lie to your child, similar to the lie you told her years ago when she saw the doll house you bought her and you told her it was for your niece and then thinking she would forget you gave it to her from Santa, and then a year later she remembers all of these lies and confronts you with the truth and you lie again, only this time your try to convince her that she was mistaken and therefore crazy. So you get to Grants and the kids are suppose to be asleep but then the cousins show up and Bambpa gets them riled up, meanwhile you are in the bedroom wrapping the hundred presents your mom has, plus your Santa presents and your back is hurting and you are tired and you realize that you have to get all the presents wrapped and put under the tree including the Santa presents hid in the laundry room in order to clear the bed so people can sleep then you see what Grandma has planned for the stocking; sugar, sugar, sugar! And you know that Christmas day is gonna be one long crazy kid fest and you wonder what you can use to "safely" drug the kids so they will sleep until noon. Christmas morning comes like a blur and wrapping paper is flying and secretly you are bugged with how quick the wrapping comes off since it sure didn't go on that quick and the kids are like coffee addicts at Starbucks and it all is worth the hustle and bustle of shopping. Then the clean up comes and you are pretty happy because your sister has to go to her home for a while and she takes all the kids except your baby, who passes out in the bedroom. Dinner is served, all of your family is together and to quote from "A Christmas Story" all is right with the world. Then you come home and you look at your bank balance and you begin to cry! Happy New Year to all!!

» Natalie's blog | login to post comments
Ava and Kennedy
Submitted by Shane on Fri, 2006-12-22 03:43.


» Shane's blog | 1 comment
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Submitted by Natalie on Thu, 2006-12-21 18:23.
Well j.K. Rowling is giving us a teaser. The new Harry Potter book title was just announced, it will be titled Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. No date yet as to when we will get to read this book. I guess now I know who the Star Trek fans felt waiting for their trilogy to be finished. As for me I know that I will be a little sad to read the last page in of the last book. Anyway click here or paste for the announcement. (Shane has to show me how to link, I am such a geek in the bad sense.)

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_7bc4e6f2d2d7a80db4209745dc2ef6bf.html

» Natalie's blog | 4 comments
« first‹ previous12345678next ›last »
Browse archives
« November 2008
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30
Poll
Ninjas or Pirates?
Ninjas
22%
Pirates
78%
Total votes: 9
8 comments | older polls
Recent comments
Sorry, sucks to be you guys
19 weeks 2 min ago
Traci, Thank you for the
1 year 6 weeks ago
Should be a good book if I
1 year 17 weeks ago
Excellent!!! !
1 year 17 weeks ago
Excellent!!! !
1 year 17 weeks ago
Excellent!!! !
1 year 17 weeks ago
Congrats to the Rowe family!
1 year 36 weeks ago
I finally came here to
1 year 40 weeks ago
Oh my gosh, I accidently
1 year 42 weeks ago
So I know this is a little
1 year 46 weeks ago
blogs | polls

No comments: